IronCanucks Triathlon Club
Mommy's and Babes in Motion
Brian Smith Charity Ride
SECOND WIND CONDITIONING
IS A TRAINING COMPANY …
Based in Burlington, Ontario, Second Wind Conditioning offers personal coaching and training
plans tailored to your objectives, your level of experience, and your time commitments.
Gary Hastings, Running Coach
- Years running: 35 years
- Miles logged: 90,000 miles
- Completed 30 plus marathons including Boston 2 times
- Completed Western States 100 mile race
- Completed 50mile races 9 times
- Around the Bay Road Race
- Raced in 150 plus 5km events
- Raced in 100 plus 10 km events
- Personal best times: Marathon (2hr,35min), 100 miles (23hr,48min), 50 miles (7hr,25min), 10k (32min,20sec),
5k (16min,8sec), 1 Mile (4min,20sec), Around the Bay Race (1hr,49min)
- 2010- ½ marathon- placing 2nd in age group category or 268 overall (out of 17,102 participants)
Second Wind Community Involvement
- Event Director Brian Smith Charity ride helping “Kids of Halton Community”. Over the last 8 years Brian Smith Charity Ride has raised $160,000.00 to help Halton Trauma Center, Brian Smith Scholarship Fund and YMCA Strong Kids Campaign
- Head Coach ladies only triathlon training group called Mommy’s in Motion. Helping women of all ages to train and complete Ladies Only Triathlons in Ontario. A great group of women inspiring, motivating, and supporting one another to achieve their personal goals.
- Past Co-race Director - Moon in June Road race - an annual Burlington running race which has raised over $100,000.00 in support of the Halton Trauma Centre
- Past board member Triathlon Club of Burlington
- Past Head Coach - Burlington Track and Field Club (youth ages 6-14)
- Organizer - yearly 100 mile cycle trip to Niagara on the Lake in support of Sears National Kids Cancer Ride
- YMCA Flamborough, Ron Edwards Burlington and Oakville triathlon coaching programs
- Proudly supporting Strongkids fundraising events: www.ymcastrongkids.ca/index.cfm
- Actively involved in Lee Pharmacy Dundas Cactus 5Krunning race, Dundas, Ontario, in conjunction with www.vrpro.ca in support of Diabetes Association of Canada www.diabetes.ca
- Race volunteer coordinator Oakville Mercedes 10km race www.mercedesbenz10k.ca
- Proud to donate to General Hospital Diagnostic Imaging. Take a look.
- 2013 Inspirational Coach for Centurion Cycling helping women prepare and race. Supporting “Pedal for Pink”, raising money for the Canadian Breast Cancer Association.
- 2013 City of Burlington Cyclist Highlight. Encouraging women to take on the sport of cycling help build confidence, good health and friendships